Sunday, September 03, 2006


Ah, Labor Day weekend. Relax and just do nothing.
Oh, that's what I've BEEN doing for almost two months now.

Last night DJ and I decided to sit back and enjoy some TV and one another's company. At around 11:30 we decided to call it a night and go to bed. Early for me, late for him. Then it happened....


A loud beep came from somewhere. What was it? Where did it come from?

About 40 seconds later...


Oh, okay it's the smoke alarm. No problem, that is it's way of warning us it is time to change the battery.

We have no 9 volt batteries in the house???
It's 11:30 p.m. there is no where open to buy any 9 volt batteries except for the convenience store by the house where we would pay $5 for one battery.

So what did we do? No we didn't disconnect it, because if you do it sends a warning to the main office of the complex through the alarm system letting them know that we disconnected the fire alarm, which is against the law.

We just let it BEEP!
All night long.
Every 40-45 seconds.

As soon as the Dollar Store opened DJ was there getting 9 volt batteries.

No comments: