Sunday, August 19, 2007

Another Goodbye

My best friend, Silver had to say goodbye to his father today. After a brief illness and complications from surgery his father passed early this morning. Yesterday they had to make the decision to turn off the life support that had been sustaining him the past few days.

I can not even begin to imagine his pain and loss. I've lost my grandparents, as has DJ just recently, but a parent? His father was two years younger than my own father, and 66 is not that old in this day in time. I hurt for him, but I also don't know what to say or how to comfort. All I can do is just be there in the upcoming weeks when he needs me. He had to tell his own son today. How does one do that? I can not even begin to understand. Thankfully he and his father reconciled some time ago after a falling out. Today he just told me to tell my parents how much I love them. Which I did. I even went over and spent the evening with them.

I hurt for you Silver, and hope the next few days are as painless as they can be. And when it is all over just remember the good times and also remember that there are good friends here to help you through.

No comments:

Four Generations

 Spent a little bit of time yesterday with my youngest grandchild, Lizzie. She doesn't look very comfortable in this picture, but she wa...