Friday, June 01, 2007

Sixty is the New Forty!

All of my mother's sisters played a big part in my life. From the time I was a kid they have been there. As they raised their own children, we still maintained close family ties and we met several times over a course of the year for holidays, birthdays, weddings and other family events.

Today, one of my moms' younger sisters turned 60. It just doesn't seem possible the she could be sixty years old! I watched her date as a teenager, get married, have a daughter of her own, divorce, work as a single mom, re-marry, take on her step-daughter as her own, continue to work raising two daughters, become a grandmother, and now still continues to work, while raising a grand-daughter. On May 29 she became a grandmother again for the 4th time.

She continues to laugh, work, love and inspire. Happy Birthday Aunt G!

No comments:

Four Generations

 Spent a little bit of time yesterday with my youngest grandchild, Lizzie. She doesn't look very comfortable in this picture, but she wa...