Sunday, March 18, 2007

No More Setbacks!


As most of my readers know I walked out of my job last July with no idea what I was going to do for income. fortunately I found a job in December and I am gainfully employed again, but after 6 months of only one income we had to move out of our place and move in with DJ's mother. Now this is not a bad thing mind you, however it's not my own place and I want to get out on our own again soon.

We had made the goal of April 1, and we were pretty much on track, until DJ got sick and was hospitalized. With no medical insurance this has set us back a little. So our date for moving out is now July 15. Probably closer to August 1, but July 15 is when we will start looking.

Well, as I was driving home Friday evening I heard this loud, annoying grinding sound under my car. Not being mechanically inclined I had no idea what was happening. All I knew was this was going to cost money we didn't have. As I pulled into the driveway, DJ's step-father, "Big D" heard it and came to investigate. Apparently my "caliber" was digging into my "wheel well" whatever those were. So my car was parked and time to figure out what the problem really was. DJ and his uncle performed the investigation and removed the tire and found that when the brakes were changed on my car back in the summer, apparently a bolt was not tightened enough and fell off. This caused the caliber to drop down and rub against the inside of the wheel, hence the grinding noises. Okay but how much is this going to cost? That was my main concern.

After looking in three different places DJ and his uncle were able to secure the lost bolt for $8 and replace it back onto the wheel. All was good. And for only $8!

But could you imagine if that entire caliber thing fell off? I don't even want to think about it.

No comments:

Four Generations

 Spent a little bit of time yesterday with my youngest grandchild, Lizzie. She doesn't look very comfortable in this picture, but she wa...