Sunday, March 11, 2007

Good Thing It's Not an Emergency!


Things are starting to get somewhat back to normal. DJ wound up having to be hospitalized for the cellulits and was released yesterday. He is home recuperating, feet up and relaxing. His legs are still a little red and swollen but hopefully back to normal with the antibiotics they sent him home with. Which brings me to my rant of the week.


He was released at 5:40 yesterday by the Dr. It took another 45 minutes for the nurse to actually give him the dismissal papers and then another 15 minutes we had to wait for an orderly to take him down to the car. So at 6:40 we were on our way to the pharmacy and home sweet home. I pull into the pharmacy (Walgreens) at 7:01 p.m. I make my way back to the pharmacy only to be greeted with a sign that reads; "We currently have no pharmacist on duty and can not legally disburse medications" Okay, then why do you call yourself a pharmacy. So we decided to take DJ home and I would go to the Wal-Mart pharmacy. at 7:31 I arrive at the Wal-Mart pharmacy only to be greeted by the pharmacist closing the window and say "We close at 7:30 on Saturdays" Ok, now what? I head to another pharmacy (CVS) They closed at 6:00 p.m. on Saturdays. Finally I make a call to DJ's mom and she tells me of a 24 hour pharmacy on the other side of town. Finally at 8:45 I have the $150.00 prescription filled and rush home as DJ had to have this by 9:00p.m. What happened to the pharmacies I remember, the ones that sold prescriptions, at all hours of the night, even sometimes delivering them to your home? Not today, the pharmacies today are nothing more than another convenience store, (Which are not that convenient) all they need now is to add the gas pumps. It's a good thing this was just a prescription for antibiotics, what if it were a real emergency?

No comments:

Four Generations

 Spent a little bit of time yesterday with my youngest grandchild, Lizzie. She doesn't look very comfortable in this picture, but she wa...