Monday, November 20, 2006

Sloths & Turkeys

Everything is running the same course here as it has for the past five weeks or so. Maybe even longer than that. One thing that has changed is now that DJ is working mostly night-shift, our sleeping habits have changed drastically. He normally gets home anywhere from 11 PM to 2 AM and I wait up for him. So that means my ass stays in bed WAY TOO LONG every morning/afternoon. This is not a good habit. I know this and I still lie there in bed until I absolutely HAVE to get up.



I know from prior experience that this leads to depression and just plain laziness, which now seems to have settled into my psyche. So after Thanksgiving, I am going to put a stop to this slothfulness. I have to.



I do have another interview on Wednesday. I am not going to say or write too much about it, as I do not want to jinx things, but the opportunity sounds like a good one. Hopefully I have the skills that they need and they have the money to pay me what I need.



Other than that, I've just been trying to get ready for the upcoming holidays, which seem like they have arrived earlier this year. I know that is not the case, as they are always the same time every year, but it sure seems as though they come faster and faster every year. One of the things that I am looking forward to this year is the fact that we have two new babies this year for the holidays. It's been a long time since we have had babies around during the holiday season. Isn't that what the holidays are all about? Families and kids.



So just in case I do not post before Thanksgiving, have a good one.

No comments:

Four Generations

 Spent a little bit of time yesterday with my youngest grandchild, Lizzie. She doesn't look very comfortable in this picture, but she wa...