Saturday, November 04, 2006

Doogie is GAY!

I'm not really sure about Doogie, but Neil Patrick Harris, the actor who currently is seen weekly on the CBS comedy, "How I Met Your Mother" and from Doogie Howser, M.D. fame, has announced to People magazine that...

"I am quite proud to say that I am a very content gay man living my life to the fullest and feel most fortunate to be working with wonderful people in the business I love."

Speculation has been running rampant for sometime about Harris sexual orientation, and he states that he has never denied it, but had never had the need to discuss or verify it until recently.

So another entertainer comes out of the closet.

My question is, why do we make it such a big deal? We don't have websites devoted to outing heterosexuals, or having lists of all the actors and actresses that are hetero. What should it matter whom we have sex with? Then again here I am making a big deal about it by posting it on my blog with all the other thousands of bloggers, so who am I to question our motives? I know I am being naive, but someday...someday soon I hope, it will not matter.


But regardless, way to go Doogie!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We don't "out" heterosexuals or have lists of heterosexual actors because straight people are the majority and therefore it is assumed that everyone is straight until they come out. It's important for the world to realize not only how many gay people there are but that anyone -- including friends and relatives -- can be gay.

We make a big deal out of people coming out because it's a way of telling the world that you aren't ashamed of being gay, of showing that you've overcome the internalized homophobia that has some gay people pretending to the world --and even to themselves --that they're straight.

If everyone came out of the closet, was out and proud, the battle to be more than second-class citizens would be won that much more easily.

Peace.

Four Generations

 Spent a little bit of time yesterday with my youngest grandchild, Lizzie. She doesn't look very comfortable in this picture, but she wa...