Saturday, October 28, 2006

Settled

Well we are all settled in. Most everything is moved, we still have just a few items we need to put into storage, but for all intents and purposes we are moved in.

So far things are fine. By saying it that way makes it seem as though I'm waiting for something to happen. I'm not really, but anytime you live with someone else it's difficult. DJ's stepfather still works everyday, as does his mother. His stepfather has to be up every morning between 4:30 and 5:00. DJ got in Friday night from work at 1:00 a.m. and after coming home he wanted to go back upstairs and outside for a smoke. I am sure that his stepfather can hear the front door opening, so I declined to go for a smoke. Lord knows if I had to be up that early I wouldn't appreciate someone coming in and out my front door waking me up. DJ went. I just do not want to do anything that would make anyone upset. I mean they are gracious enough to let us live here until we get back on our feet, we shouldn't upset their lives any more than we already have. Compromise. That's a very important word in any relationship, especially one where you have intruded upon.

The employment field does not look any more promising but I am going to be going out again next week, hitting the pavement so to speak. The sooner I can find a job the sooner we can get back on our feet and into a place of our own.

No comments:

Four Generations

 Spent a little bit of time yesterday with my youngest grandchild, Lizzie. She doesn't look very comfortable in this picture, but she wa...