Wednesday, September 14, 2005

What's His Name?

Today is my first child's birthday. J1 turns 24 today.
Where did the time go? Joe was born after 12 hours of labor and as it was pouring down rain on September 14, 1981.

His mother and I had not decided on a name. I wanted Daniel Joseph, she wanted Jonathon Michael. Even after he was born we still had not decided. After his birth I went out to the waiting room and my grandfather was there waiting with the rest of the family. I looked at him and said...

"How would you like your first Great-Grandchild named after you?"

Tears welled up in his eyes, but he never answered.

My son was named after him.

Happy Birthday Joe.

No comments:

Four Generations

 Spent a little bit of time yesterday with my youngest grandchild, Lizzie. She doesn't look very comfortable in this picture, but she wa...