Tuesday, September 16, 2008

L.A. Bound


Well not for me. DJ is heading to L.A. September 27th. He is heading to the city of angels to help open a new store and train the servers/bartenders. He just returned last month from Bozeman, MT. and now he is leaving me again to work with the stars.


Well maybe not actually the stars, but at least in the same city of the stars. Do I sound a little jealous? Well if I don't, I am. I know he is going out there to work, but I've never been to L.A. and would love to go. However, I have no vacation time left at work to be able to go, and even if I did we do not have the extra cash to fly me out there. So I will just have to be satisfied with his pictures and his experiences. So I am sure I will share with you his trip and pictures, and you like me can sit back in envy as do I as we share his experience with his photos.


Am I liking the fact he is traveling all over the country? At first it was very difficult. And no I am not ecstatic over the fact that he is in L.A. and I am left alone in Cincinnati. But this is a great opportunity for him, and it really does validate his work. It is also something that he really enjoys doing, training others. So, I yes, I am going to miss him terribly, but I must put my selfishness behind him and allow him to do this with his job. Sometimes we need to make sacrifices in relationships. I just hope his travelling slows down a bit. Maybe every tow months instead of every month. We will see. Meanwhile I will collect his pictures and his stories and make long distance late night calls...

No comments:

Four Generations

 Spent a little bit of time yesterday with my youngest grandchild, Lizzie. She doesn't look very comfortable in this picture, but she wa...