Monday, August 25, 2008

Change of Routine


The posts have been few and far between. I apologize for that, but honestly the my blogging has taken a back seat to work, DJ and World of Warcraft! I will continue to give bits and pieces of the goings on around here if you are really interested that is.

The last post I had just received word that DJ was going to be gone for two weeks in Montana opening a new store. Well, he is there and I am here. This is the 9th day we have been apart, and just let me tell you this has been one of the hardest things I've had to do. Leaving him at the airport was just heart rendering. Knowing that he is so far away and if something was to happen...I don't even want to think about it.

The third day into his trip he called and said that he had been asked to open a new store in Oregon. I was really pleased and happy for him until I found out when he was going. 4 or 5 days after he got back from Montana. I was a mess for an entire day. My whole world was changing and to be honest I didn't like it. I can handle him being gone from time to time, but back to back with only a few days to be with one another?? I think that would take it's toll on any relationship. We talked about it at length for a few days, over the phone lines and we both decided that it was just too soon to take off again and to be apart. There will be other trips, and when those opportunities come along, I will just have to accept it. But not back to back. I need my man for more than just 4-8 days a month!

It has been quiet and lonely around here without DJ, and I find myself missing him at the most inoportune times. Like 4 in the moring when he is sound asleep (like I should be) Or during the middle of the day when both are working. But soon he will be home (5 more days!!) and things will be back to normal, at least until he goes away again....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Miss ya, but glad you're doing well.

Four Generations

 Spent a little bit of time yesterday with my youngest grandchild, Lizzie. She doesn't look very comfortable in this picture, but she wa...