Monday, February 12, 2007

Rain, Ice, Snow


Cincinnati does not normally get much snow. But when we do it causes havoc. Last week we got about 7 inches of the white stuff and it literally stalled the entire tri-state for at least a day. Even though we had ample warning from the weather forecasters we still were not ready for it. I guess it is like someone that has been diagnosed with a terminal illness. You know the inevitable is coming but you just refuse to accept it, but it finally comes and catches you unaware. then after the snow fell I travelled into work the next morning (which took me an extra 15 minutes) and worked one hour and was told that we had to close. No not more snow, but a water main break. We had no water in our building. So back home I went.

Now again today the forecasters are calling for Freezing rain, ice and snow, some places may see 10-13 inches! Which for us that is a tremendous amount of white stuff. So I have decided if I wake in the morning and see that, there is no way I am going to fight with all those people to get into work. I will just crawl back into bed and enjoy a day off.

No comments:

Four Generations

 Spent a little bit of time yesterday with my youngest grandchild, Lizzie. She doesn't look very comfortable in this picture, but she wa...