Sunday, February 15, 2009

40 Toys ~ Fisher Price People

I got the idea for this posting, (and hopefully some more in the future) from my blogging friend Steve over at Defying Despondency. He turned 40 and is looking back at 40 toys in those 40 years that made his life a little more exciting. As I read this posting I began to remember these certain toys that my brother and I would play for hours in the winter months. Well I played all year round, he would not be caught dead in the house playing games in the summer.


The toys were actually our youngest brothers, but we played with them more than what he did. It was my first introduction to playing "God" so to speak, and it also explains my fascination with WoW and SIMS today.


It was those cute little (first made of wood, then to plastic) Fisher Price People! OMG we would set up houses for them, use tonka cars for their modes of transportation, have weddings, funerals and even birthday parties for them. Families would all have names and they would some how always be related. The children would grow up, get married and have families of their own.


Now, remember there are almost five years between my brother and myself, so he would have been about 5 or 6 when we played this game. I would have been about ten or eleven. Hell, I remember playing this game when I was 13 or 14 even!


okay, that is too much information....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Thanks for the shout! It was a lot of fun doing that piece. Fisher Price people almost made my list! I loved the barn which went 'moo' when the barn door was opened. BTW, glad your son is pushing along. I didn't realize he was still a child. I keep ya guys in my thoughts.

Homeopath said...

Interesting blog......

Four Generations

 Spent a little bit of time yesterday with my youngest grandchild, Lizzie. She doesn't look very comfortable in this picture, but she wa...