Thursday, May 24, 2007

This Was Her Now


As I had hoped and expected, Jordin Sparks walked away as the newest and the youngest American Idol last night. Even though I felt that there were other singers that were better than she was this year (Melinda, Lakeisha, Stephanie, Gina) Jordin stole my heart, and between her and Blake, she was the best choice. Her rendition of This is My Now was fantastic. But nothing could beat her version of Martina McBride's Broken Wing.

Overall my first year of being an Idol fan was okay, however I think the entire program is a farce. I mean Sanjanya? Come on... The producers pick who is going and who isn't. It was funny that as soon as the ratings started to drop off, Sanjaya was voted out. And be honest, was Jordin really the best singer that they had this year? No, not by a long shot. But good for her and hopefully she and the others can have a career as sweet as Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood.

Will I watch it next year? Yeah , you bet!

1 comment:

BentonQuest said...

I liked Jordan too. I thought Melinda or Lakisha should have won, but I am happy Jordan won over Blake.

Four Generations

 Spent a little bit of time yesterday with my youngest grandchild, Lizzie. She doesn't look very comfortable in this picture, but she wa...