Sunday, November 02, 2008

Countdown 2008


In just two days the votes will be cast for our next President and Vice President of the United States. If you want to believe the polls, and the biased News reports Barack Obama has it all wrapped up and John McCain and Sarah Palin should just go home.


I try not to listen to the pollsters and I certainly do not make my choices based on the news media and news reports, however, I personally believe that the media has elected our last five presidents, if not every President since JFK.


But we will soon close the door on what is certainly the most historical presidential campaign in my lifetime. An African-American almost at the door of the oval office, and a female standing in the background and possibly a heartbeat away from the most powerful office in the world. Some of the pundits have said this country is not ready for either a female president or vice president, or a black president. My response to that is why not? Both Hillary and Obama are quite qualified to fill that post, but unfortunately our country still has enough bigots and racists for this to be an issue.


However, come next Wednesday morning history will be made one way or another. It is exciting, and I can not wait for the outcome.

No comments:

Four Generations

 Spent a little bit of time yesterday with my youngest grandchild, Lizzie. She doesn't look very comfortable in this picture, but she wa...