Friday, January 21, 2005

Becoming a Feline Fanatic

I am sure this posting will drive my hits on my stat counter sky high, but here it goes. I love my pussy... cats!! I didn't think I'd ever say those words as my entire life growing up we always had a dog. We never had cats. Then I met DJ, who is also a dog person. We had a black lab named Bailey for awhile but was unable to keep him due to our living situation at the time. He was adopted by a great family and is doing great. Fast Forward a few years (2) and I begin working with several cats. (Don't ask it's a crazy situation, one that would take an entire posting all on it's own.) But suddenly I found myself drawn to these little feline creatures. I also realized that they are highly intelligent (more so than dogs anyway), independent and self-sufficent. (no late night walking the cats).
So, I brought home Willow and DJ and I fell in love with her. Then I spotted the cutest little kitten out on the lot next to where I work, and brought it home. We named him Xander. So we had a complete family, DJ, myself and our two cats. Well as you know if you are a reader here we welcomed Cordelia into our home last week. She is now 7 weeks old and finally after a week, Xander and Willow have acclaimated her into our home. Xander never seemed to have a problem with her, but Willow "growled" for a few days. But now it seems as you can see by this picture, that Cordy is one of the gang.

Xan and Cordy

they were cuddling one another as they slept right before the picture was taken.

Each cat has their own distinct personality. Willow is the bitch. She parades around the house as though she owns it, and has her own agenda.
Xander or Xan as we refer to him, is the fun loving, happy go lucky, I'm okay you're okay attitude. He adores his new little sister.
Cordy, even though still young she has personality, and a lot of it. She even has a little "swag" in her walk.
There is only one problem. They give DJ all the attention. He sits on the sofa; they come to him, one at his feet, one on his shoulder and one in his lap. DJ goes to bed to read; and there they are again. He goes to the bathroom and they sit outside the door. I don't understand! I feed them every day, I change their litter. I even will pick Xan up and bring him to bed with us when I come to bed at 2:00a.m., like I will probably do again tonight. Why don't they give ME attention? Where is the justification in this? I brought every one of them into this house! But, oh well. I can be satisfied with just their presence. At least they don't attack me when I walk into a room or hiss at me, right? So i will say it again, and I hope google don't get too upset, but I Love my Pussy Cats!!

No comments:

Four Generations

 Spent a little bit of time yesterday with my youngest grandchild, Lizzie. She doesn't look very comfortable in this picture, but she wa...