Friday, November 12, 2004

A Day Off And A Dollar Short

So much for being proud of myself for not spending so much at Target on Tuesday! Wednesday evening we met Silver Fox for Dinner at "Carol's on Main". Carol's used to be the place to go, but ever since Carol sold it the food, and the service has went down. Silver and I order the Salmon Special. The salmon was cold, the bread was hard and the service was mediocre. Dj ordered a Turkey Burger and got a regular burger. The check came and I was suprised at the cost, even though it wasn't that high, it certainly wasn't worth it. Sometimes it's just not worth going out to dinner. During dinner Silver told us that "A Home At The End of The World" was out on DVD, so off to Target we went. No movie could be found. So it was home to watch the 2nd disc of the 8th Season of Friends.

Thursday I finally had a day off!! For Veterans Day. Go figure. I worked my birthday, July 4th and Labor Day but get off Veterans Day. I can thank DJ's mother for the day off (Mama D). She has taken over running the business and sees the neccesity for a day off everyone now and then. So for the day DJ nad I were treated for lunch at Red Lobster. Now there the food was much better and the service was excellent. Plus not having to pay for it is always a bonus. After our trip to the Lobster we stopped at Wal0Mart. (I know, I'm lowering myself, but hey we found some deals!) We got cat litter and cat food for a dollar cheaper than Target, and of course we had to make a stop in electronics. We purchased Dead Calm, one of my favorites and Tremors, one of DJ's favs. We still have not found At Home yet, but still looking. So at the checkout our total was a little over $84.00, so that made up for the good night at Target on Tuesday.

Picking up the boys tonight after work, and probably going to go see a movie with them this weekend, and then Sunday they have a big Bowling Tournement which I will be able to attend. Then Mama D has invited us over for Sunday dinner. She even asked DJ yesterday about ideas for me for a Christmas Gift! I think I've finally made it into the family!

So the weekend looks planned and full. I will post the Man of the Week either later today or tomorrow.

1 comment:

Drew said...

Not to rub it in or anything, but "A Home at the End of the World" is awesome! Better than I expected! And yes, Colin Farrell is Adorable with a capital A!

Four Generations

 Spent a little bit of time yesterday with my youngest grandchild, Lizzie. She doesn't look very comfortable in this picture, but she wa...