Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Kicking Off the Summer Season

The holiday weekend was one of the best. Lots of sunshine, food, family, fun and of course alcohol. Saturday after work we went to Mama D's for her Memorial Weekend picnic. I really did not want to drink as I knew I had my cousin's picnic on Sunday and two days drinking would do me in. But about 9:00 pm I gave in to peer pressure and began to indulge in a little Seagrams and 7Up. The little became a lot. By midnight I was at home in bed with the room spinning. Don't ask about what happened during that time as I have very little recollection of most of it.

Sunday we got up and drove to Hillsboro for my cousins annual picnic. Again we waited until after dinner and the sun started setting lower before we pulled out the alcohol. But by the time darkness hit we all were pretty well over the legal driving limit, so we opted to stay the night. DJ passed out in the car around midnight, and the rest of the party finally broke up about 1:30 am.

Needless to say DJ and I spent our Monday at home in the air conditioning, with very little activity. So I missed the Taste of Cincinnati this year, but after all the tastes I experienced Saturday and Sunday, that was fine by me!

Hope everyone had a great Memorial Day and a great kick off to the Summer season.

No comments:

Four Generations

 Spent a little bit of time yesterday with my youngest grandchild, Lizzie. She doesn't look very comfortable in this picture, but she wa...