Saturday, March 12, 2005

Technicolor Dream

Been having one of those reaccuring technicolor dreams lately. I've had it now three nights running, and it begins where it left off the night before. It takes place in the past, during the Blizzard of '78, which would have been my senior year in High School. The problem is everyone in my dream is the age they would have been in 1978, but I'm my current age. Anyway, me and my best friend at the time, Mark are walking in the 16" of snow. We are looking for someone who is lost, but he refuses to tell me who we are looking for. We find several people, but it is never the one he says that we need to find. We found his girlfriend at the time (who died back this past January), we found my brother, his sister, and then we starting finding people that I didn't even know in 1978, but know them now. People like DJ, my oldest son J1, Veruca and Silver Fox. So far after three nights of the same dream, we still have not found this mystery person.

It is eery. I just want to know if there is some meaning to all of it, and what will happen when we do find this person. Will I stop having the dream? Who knows. Our minds are strange things, aren't they?

Been quite a bit of crime in our area this week. A young boy of 18 shot two other teenagers yesterday less than three blocks from where I work. All of them are High School Students. They are still looing for the one responsible for the shooting. Earlier this past week a 4 year old was killed when he was shot with a gun, accidentallly, but no gun has yet to be found, and no one is giving any information. The judge has stated that if people don't start talking he is going to issue arrests. Crime is bad, but it just seems worse when it involves kids. I finally quit listening or watching the news this week, as it became too depressing. Sometimes it seems as though we are living in a technicolor dream

Well all except for Michael Jackson's PJ stunt. Now that was comedy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm not in your dreams? I'm hurt...

Four Generations

 Spent a little bit of time yesterday with my youngest grandchild, Lizzie. She doesn't look very comfortable in this picture, but she wa...