Over the past few years there has seemed to be a rise in multi-generational relationships, meaning older dating much younger. Many of these connections have made the news due to the younger party being much younger, such as under-age. Many of them being older women involved with much younger males. In our area alone two women have been arrested for being with teen aged boys, while they themselves were in their 30's and even 40's. Personally my partner DJ is 20 years my junior, but just so you are aware, we were both legal adults when we met and began dating. I will touch on this issue in future posts, but I thought a good Thirteen Thursday post would be...
THIRTEEN ADVANTAGES OF DATING YOUNGER THAN YOURSELF:
1) You never feel as old as you are, dating a younger person allows you to have at least the "feeling" of staying young, a perpetual Peter Pan effect.
2) You are more open to new ideas and current fads.
3) It keeps you focused on helping your partner not to make the same mistakes you may have had. (This doesn't always happen as they are their own person and they will probably make the same choices you did)
4) It also makes you take better care of your self physically, as you want to "keep up" with your younger counterpart.
5) If your relationship lasts, you will have someone to take care of you when you are old.
6) You will continue to have a strong steady income once you retire, as your partner will undoubtedly still be working.
7) You can share your wisdom with someone that may actually appreciate it
8) Most of your mutual friends are younger as well, so you are surrounded with fresh ideas and opinions.
9) It has broadened my mind to try new things and new hobbies that I would have otherwise never probably ventured into.
10) You learn patience and so do they.
11) The cup always seems to be half full, not half empty.
12) You get the high fives, and "good jobs" from your peers due to being able to catch a "young'en"
13) And last, but certainly not least, the sex is Incredible!!!